Sunday, July 26, 2009

how much would you want me to earn to marry your daughter?'

Matrimonial Sites!

Partner a click away. Last night, some elder person called me saying that a relative of mine given him my number asking if I am free to marry his daughter. He was retired government employee from north karnataka now settled in Bangalore with his daughter, who works in an MNC. We exchanged hi, hellows and he asked me where do i work, i said its x company, his reply was 'oh!, how much do you earn?' I yelled myself 'f*** man' and asked back, 'how much would you want me to earn to marry your daughter?' (obviously the discussion ended next moment)

One more, after hi hellows, he asked me what is my qualification? I said, I am doing MBA, he 'oh, You doing MBA after your BE'? me, 'no, after BA'. His voice come so low says 'ok, I wil get back to you'

No parent (atleast 98%) asks, what are your interests? hobbies? what have you achieved in life so far? what you want do in life? instead company and salary. If the boy is earning 20,000 and girl is earning 55,000, the ristha cancel! and if girl is earning 10,000 boy is earning 1,25,000 wow! rishta pakka! I ask, why? does salary really build the love and affection?

How much, N R Narayanmurthy was paid before he built Infosys?

Dear parents, dont ever ask boys salary, and lend your daughter's hand. Look into his desires, the way he lives, the way he traveled so far. And remember a 'well settled' groom is not suitable for your daughter. If he is already well settled, then what the point? only an unsettled groom can build another infosys! Let your daughter, be an inspiration to someone to achieve something, rather being a 'wife' in a well settled family. There will not be love, where there is no 'scarcity', the run to attain the scarcity makes the life loveful.

Do not lend your daughter's hand to a 'KING' lend it to a 'SOLDIER' and ask her to make him a king.

12 comments:

  1. i dont agree with you mr.mathad.. atlest in case of arrange marraiges. the parents are not able to judge a guy in few days or months that he is a soldier or whatever like you mentioned. so obviously what all parents will think is to give their daughters to a guy who is from good family background, education and financially stable instead of allowing any tom dick and harry to marry her and believe that he will take care of my daugter in future like you said..sorry i totally disagree with you. else it should be a love marriage or you should knw the guy and his family very well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also tell me how many boys will not see the girl's profile like you said. I agree there are always exceptions. many guys i know who want only the girl should be good but majority not. Most of my friends used to tell that the girl is not working, she is not a graduate or post graduate, better to marry from IT girls so that financially she can support you and above all girl should be pretty anf good natured and good family and .. if you can choose girls like that,then why not girls or her parents.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Vani. Mathad, just remember that there's a generation gap between us and our parents. Though the girls of this generation wish to marry a talented but not well settled guy, their parents might not want 'em to do so.
    Parents always wish the good for their children. Especially when it comes to their daughters' marriage. I am totally impressed with ur idea of not lending the daughters to a 'KING' but lending them to a 'SOLDIER'. But what if she is unable to convert him to a King? Also, the time spent to convert him does matter. The sacrifices count.
    So, according to me, parents should look for a guy who has already settled, but WITH HIS OWN EFFORT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Vani and Mallik.

    Mahesh, put yourself as father of a gal, whom do you lend your daughter hand? king or a soldier?

    As a parent one always expect their daugther to be happy, so they look for king instead of making her sacrifice her life to make him king.

    Let me rephrase your sentence

    "Lend your daughter to a KING and let her make him an EMPEROR"

    I wish he will remain as a King and not the SOLDIER because of HER. hahahahahha

    Nice blog .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough, i wanna say u all 3 are wrong, i liked HK's "lend your daughter to a KING and let make him an EMPEROR"

    I wanna ask you all, what is happiness? A palace, with 8 servents, a rollsroys, laxury? Please look at other face of happiness friends. A palace built by own efforts anda palce already built before she get married. Happiness according to you is enjoying, relaxing in built palce, but according to me, happiness is enjoying the process of building a palce.

    I hope, my point of view is phylosophical and yours is practical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you(Mahesh) that "Journey brings you the happiness not the destination".

    ಅವಳು ರಾಜನ್ನೆ ಮದುವೆ ಅದ್ರು, ಅರಮನೆ ನೊಡ್ಕೊಲೊ ಜವಾಬ್ದಾರಿ ಅದ್ರು ಇರುತ್ತಲ್ಲ. ಅದರಲ್ಲಿ ಅವಳು fail ಅದ್ರೆ ರಾಜ ಹೊಗಿ ಸೈನಿಕ ಆಗ್ಬೆಕಾಗುತ್ತೆ. :)

    Naavu practical agi yochne madbeku sir........

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey guys, Nice blog. Nicer comments. But I am not going to pass my judgement on this as this is a debatable issue. Here everybody is right in their own way. that's how these arranged marriages are in India. People consider them as their destiny. After reading the blog, i really felt bad for Mathad. My sympathies to him. Life is strange. Yes, every girl's father wants his daughter marry a harvard return than a BA graduate from RNR. And I am not blaming that father either. He simply can't know your talent or your passion or your prospectus of becoming a king. If everybody knew that Dr. Rajkumar would become a super star one day, then the fathers of every beautiful, rich girls would have come forward before he married Parvathamma. But nobody knows the guy's passion in arranged marriages except if in families and except if you are having a love marriage. What i want to say is, if you want to be a king, go ahead do it alone. don't except your partner for help. If she supports you, then you must be really lucky. But a king will always end up becoming a king, no matter what. Just like Dr. Rajkumar !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sajid, I just couldn't stop a smile on my face after reading ur comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey all,

    We have to appreciate this BA graduate from RNR's way of expressing his views and feelings through blog.

    Kudos Mayya for writing such nice blogs.

    He is no less than a graduate from Oxford.
    -Basav

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wah wah wah watta thought:)awesome..now tis one s sexed out :) tis must b actually read by the parents so that they understand....i totally agree wit u :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sexed out? sounds curious :) will ask u to explain it sometime. thanks for feedback, its values

    ReplyDelete